APR 17, 2023
9 min read
The digital transformation market has been rapidly growing, with no signs of slowing down, despite changing global market conditions.
According to Grand View Research
The global digital transformation market size was evaluated at USD 731.13 billion in 2022 and is anticipated to witness a CAGR of 26.7% from 2023 to 2030. The market growth can be attributed to the growing adoption of cutting-edge technologies such as cloud, big data analytics, and Artificial Intelligence (AI), among others, which has caused in the exponential growth of all size of businesses across the globe.
In the early days of the web, websites used to be static. This means that sites had little to no interaction, and users would view websites as a source of information rather than an interactive interface that can do work, like a desktop application.
Until 1995, websites were built using only HTML and CSS. To help understand this with no technical background, let's draw an analogy between a human and a website:
- HTML gives structure to the website, like how a skeleton gives structure to a human.
- CSS decides the appearance of that structure, like how skin and external traits make up the visual appearance of a human.
- Web Frontend Development: everything that happens in the browser
- Backend Development: develop server-side code that can run on pretty much any machine for any kind of business application, including various sorts of digital transformation
- Mobile App Development
- Desktop App Development
- Blockchain Solutions (like using HardHat alongside Solidity for smart contract development & testing)
- AI Solutions (like running AI models on the frontend, or creating complex recommendation engines on the backend)
- IoT Solutions (like gathering information from factory hardware, or controlling your intelligent lightbulb)
- and many, many more
What does all of that mean from a business perspective?
Massive Developer Community
Improved User Experience
Integration with Other Technologies
A frontend framework that makes it easier to implement and maintain user interfaces. It uses a component-based architecture that helps developers build reusable UI components, which can improve development speed and code quality.
Performance-Heavy Use Cases
Lack of Hardware Resources
The key takeaway: the result codebase will surely be understood by developers 10 years from now, therefore it's more extensible and cheaper to extend than codebases using other languages.
Scriptide is a highly skilled software development company that specializes in meeting digital business needs. We offer a range of solutions including digital transformation, web and mobile development, AI, blockchain, and more.
Don't hesitate to contact us.
You might also like these articles!
Click for details
Tracking active window on MacOS using Objective-C in an Electron app
In this article we'll show to track active windows on MacOS in an Electron app quite painlessly with Objective-C++. It can also be used natively without Electron.
OCT 05, 2022
9 min read